Author Topic: INIT. Summertime Meet-Up 2019... [Brighton - UK]  (Read 2740 times)

Offline sister_bliss

• Administrator
INIT. Summertime Meet-Up 2019... [Brighton - UK]
« on: April 01, 2019, 11:59:00 am »
Based on the poll, the most-favoured weekend is Saturday 27 July to Sunday 28 July, so this will be it! Sorry for those who can't make this one :(

Nearest airports (Gatwick - 30m) and any London airports (train 1-2hr)

For discussion etc. please join the e_brighton channel in Discord

For everyone coming, please complete the following survey so we can arrange food/drinks/venues etc: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/initmeetup

This is a draft agenda...some of the details may change to pls refresh regularly and check before you depart!. A more detailed set of instructions will be sent out before Friday!

Agenda:

Friday:

19:00 - The Wick Pub (https://www.thewick.pub)

We have the upstairs room booked from 19:00 til about 1am (I can't remember exactly). The pub is at the bottom of my street on 63 Western Rd, Hove, East Sussex. BN3 1JD. For those who want food, the pub serves Thai which I've heard is reasonably good. Alternatively there are dozens of restaurants, food joints within 100m radius of the pub, so we can arrange anything casually. I'll leave it to you all to decide what you would like to do for food on Fri as it depends on what time everyone will be arriving. I'll ping e_brighton and see if there is enough people arriving early to want to go for some arranged dinner. If not, I'll leave it up to everyone to decide.

If anyone wants a late night after the Wick, we can stagger into any adjacent drinking establishments...will see what the herd want to do.

Saturday:

10:30am ~ 12:15pm, KUBB! - KUBB on Hove Lawns. For those who are up early and want something to do, we'll be throwing blocks of wood around. If anyone knows how to play this game, please take over! If you are having a lie-in, recovering from hangover, spending time with your partner etc. then do not stress about this as the main event starts at 13:00.

12:15pm - 13:00 - Lunch or whatever you want.

13:00 - 18:00, Treasure Hunt! Meet at my flat (details to be sent to attendees) where you can drop off any belongings for the afternoon. At 13:30 we will walk down to the beach (Hove Lawns, 250m walk from my place) where you will receive your instructions for the treasure hunt where you will be divided up into teams. The treasure hunt will run from 14:00 to 18:00, finishing at the starting point on Hove Lawns. Teams will then walk up the street to my place to collect any left belongings and your BBQ pack which will be supplied to you (containing BBQ, food, beer, soft drinks etc.), after which you will return to the beach and start cooking / drinking / swimming / whatever.

The beach BBQ will continue on into the evening until 10/11pm or later. People can decide to carry on hanging at the beach, turn in for the evening or go out in search of mischief. The vast majority of people on the survey wants to chill on the beach so we will mainly be set up to do that. I have arranged BBQ food and beer / drinks so you do not need to worry about bringing food. The supermarket is 5 mins walk away should we need resupply!

Sunday:

10:00am - Breakfast : For those who wanted breakfast, we plan on meeting at Bills (The Depot, 100 North Rd, Brighton BN1 1YE). I am still waiting for them to confirm so I may need another plan if they can't fit us in. Will keep you updated. After Bills, we will stroll around the lanes and find somewhere to have some hair of the dog before going to ....

13:00pm - Globalls Crazy Golf :  For those who are still around for the afternoon, we will go and play crazy golf at Globalls.

After Globalls for those still around and want to hang out, we will do something...IDK what yet..... :-D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:50:36 pm by sister_bliss »

Offline ryac_sampaio

Re: INIT. Summertime Meet-up... [Brighton - UK]
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 12:02:20 pm »
I'm game, the wife and son love a day trip to the seaside!

Offline Dark Shines

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 12:06:05 pm »
Interested :D

Offline ancientlexy

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 12:07:41 pm »
I'm in if bliss buys us all ice creams

Offline dmw882

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 12:10:17 pm »
I'd be up for going to Brighton for drinks, i would think my missus would be too  :D

Offline freder1ck

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 12:16:03 pm »
I'm up for it assuming you're ok with ex members rocking up?

Offline silmo_kazadrex

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 12:17:45 pm »
+2 from South London \o/
(again, assuming ex-members are welcome - blame Shines...  ::) )

Offline dwain_dibbly

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 12:19:51 pm »
Depends on the date but yes interested.

Offline tobix94_tobix

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 12:32:33 pm »
Oh hell yeah

Offline cpu939

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 12:43:03 pm »
depending on date i might be able to come

Offline nuckenfutz

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 12:51:10 pm »
If im still working in London and the date works ill hop on a train.

Offline omega_nardieu

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 01:00:20 pm »
I could be interested in coming along again depending to dates

Offline calum_macgowan

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 02:36:01 pm »
Heck yeah!

Offline krebskasper

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 02:59:17 pm »
Gonna be there