Author Topic: Happy Birthday Marines!  (Read 1295 times)

Offline 07NBD Lord Turk

Happy Birthday Marines!
« on: November 09, 2017, 03:10:57 pm »
Be safe this weekend. Have a plan and make sure you make it home! Also, make sure you know where you're able to acquire hangover food for free in the morning.

https://www.mca-marines.org/gazette/2017/11/242nd-marine-corps-birthday-message-commandant-marine-corps

Offline TGRAD Q Sertorius

• Cabinet
Re: Happy Birthday Marines!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 07:41:41 pm »
Thanks! I'll be on duty tomorrow!  :D

Offline 07NBD Lord Turk

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 01:26:42 am »

Damn someone hates you lol. I always enjoyed watching the higher-ups get hammered at the balls

• Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 01:28:11 am »

Damn someone hates you lol. I always enjoyed watching the higher-ups get hammered at the balls

I cannot think of much worse than being the Command Duty Officer for Camp Lejeune on a Friday which is also the Marine Corps Birthday. That's good for several "incidents."

Offline EJOKE Normann Tivianne

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 11:56:29 am »

Offline 07NBD Lord Turk

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 05:19:50 pm »

I cannot think of much worse than being the Command Duty Officer for Camp Lejeune on a Friday which is also the Marine Corps Birthday. That's good for several "incidents."

I was on oki most of the time and we had to be back inbound barracks by midnight. Was b's. The last one I had was in afghan  we got 2 beers, which the only platoon that had to work was mine, so I never got mine.

• Cabinet
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 11:51:04 pm »

I was on oki most of the time and we had to be back inbound barracks by midnight. Was b's. The last one I had was in afghan  we got 2 beers, which the only platoon that had to work was mine, so I never got mine.

I was in Afghanistan for the birthday in 2010. The Bn XO and I got stuck going to a meeting with some Afghan gentlemen and were late for the special meal. The mess Marines did not tell us that it had been sitting out for three hours when they told us we were the last two through the line and to have as much as we wanted. The next 24 hours were very "interesting." Seven months in Afghanistan, eating Afghan food 2-3 times per week, and the only meal that made me sick was the steak and lobster at the mess hall. Fortunately, the Doc was willing to put me on an IV to get some fluids back into me.