Author Topic: EVE Valkyrie  (Read 3704 times)

.TER. Phoenix Cervantez

EVE Valkyrie
« on: August 20, 2013, 04:54:45 pm »
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/20/eve-valkyrie-oculus-rifts-space-dogfighting-game

Looks..... awesome.... reminds me of Freelancer/Star Conflict...

There is nothing more i can say... but please... discuss... :)

Offline HOO Anna Finster

Re: EVE Valkyrie
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 05:26:14 pm »
i hate my workplace. they have banned almost every fucking website on the internetz.

.TER. Phoenix Cervantez

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 06:29:30 pm »
^ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

At least you still have this forum... __________________  *ploing!*

XL. Undia alNudius

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 07:06:48 pm »
Hmmm,

Looks interesting. BUT they mention comparing it to Chris Robert's Wing Commander - the problem there is Chris Robert's IS coming out with his own Wing Commander-esque MMO game...  I talked about it here -->http://forums.the-initiative.com/index.php?topic=13033.msg114931#msg114931

But looks cool!

Undia

Offline VANIS Placcar

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 08:40:04 pm »
Will there be DUST integration or vampires?

.TER. Phoenix Cervantez

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 07:13:53 am »
^ Vampires? :)

It would be great if they could tie all three in... how is the question though...

DCON. H3llfire

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 07:21:45 am »
^ Vampires? :)

It would be great if they could tie all three in... how is the question though...

sitting in a queue for hours until a 5 min capfight starts isnt fun.

.TER. Phoenix Cervantez

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 07:49:12 am »
This is true... maybe another way then.... like low orbit combat or something?

Offline HOO Isbariya

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 11:41:43 am »
i hate my workplace. they have banned almost every fucking website on the internetz.

Use the TOR Browser, works fine here. Had the same problem, they used Fortiguard and some other but as I found at home, Tor obscurres the adress you're going to as well as your Ip which renders these blockers useless. Not sure on the details but as I said, works fine here

Offline 07NBD Eradicator44

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 02:10:17 am »
Eh, is this "EVE Valkyrie" going to draw developers/coders/designers/bug fixers (CCP has bug fixers!?) away from the current game we all love, enjoy and get highly frustrated with (reoccurring bugs). Would be sad to see the game degrade because of their profiteering greediness as their sight gets fixed onto other (in my view) less important aspects (COUGH dust...).

Offline 07NBD Krebskasper

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 02:45:29 am »
Eh, is this "EVE Valkyrie" going to draw developers/coders/designers/bug fixers (CCP has bug fixers!?) away from the current game we all love, enjoy and get highly frustrated with (reoccurring bugs). Would be sad to see the game degrade because of their profiteering greediness as their sight gets fixed onto other (in my view) less important aspects (COUGH dust...).
If they make money of it they can in turn hire more developers that then can work on both games, and in the long run EVE might actually end up with more developers...or just better ones.
So no one can really say what kind of effect, if any at all, this will have in the long run.
Besides - new games are not always about greediness, there are also about new things.
And I have to say, that I'm rather excited, esp when there will be a connection to TQ.

Offline VANIS Malcanis

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 08:45:38 am »

Counterpoint: it might be nice to see another game subsidising EVE development for a change.
I don't give a shit about what you think is wrong with the game.

Offline 07NBD Eradicator44

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 05:16:52 pm »
If they make money of it they can in turn hire more developers that then can work on both games, and in the long run EVE might actually end up with more developers...or just better ones.
So no one can really say what kind of effect, if any at all, this will have in the long run.
Besides - new games are not always about greediness, there are also about new things.
And I have to say, that I'm rather excited, esp when there will be a connection to TQ.

I'm not saying that EVE Valkyrie is not good. I'm rather fond of the idea. However, they will hinder themselves in the short term if they pull more resources away from the EVE PC game. There are a number of newer scifi games in development (Star Citizen for one) which, if they are built to the specification suggested, will easily run over Eve. CCP need to make sure that the interests of the current Eve players is their highest priority by investing time and effort ensuring the Eve game meets players expectations. I for one feel like they're currently biting off more than they can chew.

Offline VANIS Florian Silbereisen

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 10:51:23 pm »
There are two naive opinions flowting around in mmorpg communities.

1. The developer of that game I currently play produces other games as well and those games steal my game the ressources
2. There are other games in developement that will be a huge competition and move costumers away because everything is better in these new games.

In case of Star Citizen. Why is everyone thinking that it is comparible with Eve? Star Citizen wont be an MMO. It is going to be an Singleplayer Game with some sort of cloud based Multiplayer Option. 

CCP has a big advantage. Atm Game Designers are too dumb to develope an MMORPG that could be a competition for EvE. Everyone foregoes the first "M" in MMORPG.

Offline HOO Isbariya

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 07:09:48 am »
It's just like with those WOW killers,there was never even one close to WOW. They may have better game graphics, game mechanics etc. but they don't have the masses WOW has. The player will likely try it out but will soon find that the new game is not really better and they lack the friends and history they shared about WOW.
It is the same with EVE, you would need ten years of development to create a game that comes even close to EVE and then again EVE would have evolved even further.
There will be other games, maybe, but non of them will come even close to what EVE is.

Regarding EVE Valkyrie, the game is amazing, they might shift some resources over to that game for now but think of it this way, it's likely that this game will be an success and will bring more attention to EVE and therefore some new players that will actually stick to EVE itself. We all know how hard it can be to get someone to actually stay in this game for more then three months, once they have passed that mark they will very likely stick to it but the majority will leave before those three months are over just because EVE has so many options and possibilities.